“New friends are silver, but old are gold!”
BLACK AND GOLD
The Vic High graduating class of 1968
invites you to join in celebrating our
June 8 – 9th, 2018
Friday Open House, 1:00 pm at Vic High – Grads only
Fernwood Inn Happy Hour
Saturday night dinner and dancing at
Victoria Golf Club, Beach Drive – 5:00 pm – 12:00 am
CLICK HERE TO READ PETER MCKINNON’S MESSAGE TO THE VIC HIGH CLASS OF 1968 AT OUR 50TH REUNION!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR 1968 CAMOSUN PLUS OTHER PHOTOS – Thank You Eric Earl
If you haven’t already registered, there is still time to join the celebration. Registration is going strong with 135 attending to date.
The registration of $90 doesn’t come close to covering the cost of your 2 days of reunion fun! Extra costs such as the band, a glass of wine with dinner, decorations and admin expenses will be subsidized by our exciting Silent Auction and sponsorships. We have a great weekend planned that also includes time for you to reconnect with your own special Vic High pals. Bring your camera!
1:00 PM – Friday, June 8th – Open House at Vic High – Grads only!
School is in session until 1:33 so please arrive on time, and go directly to the auditorium. There are still spots available for the Open House but the Fernwood Inn only has 2 seats left.
Parking will be available on the gravel area of the old Fairey Tech site from 12:30 to 5:30. Approach the lot from North Park St. Leave your car here while at the pub too.
A reminder that you must be on the registered Fernwood Inn list to join the Happy Hour.
1:00 ‘68ers Meet and Greet in the Lawrie Wallace Auditorium. Please enter through the main doors and go directly into the Auditorium to collect your name tag.
1:30 Tour the school in groups with Student guides – visits to the Archives, gyms, etc.
2:10 Groups merge in the Attic to leave their marks then continue touring.
3:00 No-Host Happy Hour at the Fernwood Inn is SOLD OUT
4:50 Happy Hour ends. Please pay your server and don’t forget a generous tip!
**** If you wish to stay past 5:00PM (for dinner) please advise your server****
Thank you Mike Colwill and staff for hosting us!!!
CLICK HERE to view a recent visit!
Saturday, June 9th – 50th Reunion Gala Evening -Victoria Golf Course.
This is it…our 50th Reunion…the one we’ve all been waiting for and oh what a night has been planned!!!
To counter-attack the fact that we are in the heart of Oak Bay we ask that you arrive in your best Black and Gold for this special occasion.
5:00 PM Registration Opens
- Welcome Drink of sparkling wine will be served until 5:45 pm. Don’t be late!
- A No Host bar is available all night.
- Start bidding on the fabulous Silent Auction!!! To preview items and work out your strategy go to our website. https://vichigh68.wordpress.com/ Some items lend themselves to a group bid. Absentee bids will be accepted…contact Ken Gower.
- View Jackie’s photos and displays.
- Enjoy the ambience of a very special venue while sampling a few appies.
- Take in the views while out on the patio! There is even a fire pit to sit by with a late night drink in hand.
6:15 PM Dining Room (The following times are approx.)
- Move to the dining room for Welcome and Toasts to Vic High and the Class of ’68 (while the dinner buffet is readied.)
- Welcome from our Sponsor
- Earn your Dinner- Challenge – Each table forms a team and competes at various skills, trivia and challenges to earn their spot in the buffet line-up
9:00 Groove Kitchen gets the dancing started!
10:00 Silent Auction ends – please bring a cheque or use the club’s ATM
10:00 Groove Kitchen plays….we dance till midnight!
12:00 Last Call
Please plan ahead for your ride home. Cars can be left overnight at the golf club for pick-up the next morning.
Keep checking our website for updates to the Silent Auction page as well as the Who’s Attending page.
Think of donating an item to the auction! See the Silent Auction page for details.
Get your cheque and form in the mail ASAP as registration is scheduled to close May 31th.
|The Groove Kitchen knows how to help you have a good time! We play music that makes you want to shake what the good Lord gave ya, have a few laughs and get tha funk out! This party-hearty crew really delivers the goods – classic tunes by Maceo Parker, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and Buena Vista Social Club to hip hop and newer funk from Bruno Mars, Young MC, Will Smith and Nelly.|
The Reunion Planning Committee have sent out emails to all ’68 grads via MailChimp. Please note that these important emails may end up in your Junk mail folder or if you use gmail they could be in your “Promotions tab” unless you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. Please check your email boxes by May 14th, 2018.
Click here to view the recent MailChimp email sent February 15, 2018.
Click here to view the recent MailChimp email sent April 16, 2018.
Click here to view the most recent MailChimp email send May 14, 208.
Your Planning Committee asks that you kindly:
- Send us your email address and other contact info
- Spread the word to other grads who haven’t stayed in touch
- Help us secure sponsors and donors for Welcome Drinks, Happy Hour appetizers, silent auction items, door prizes and band/entertainment. We’re open to all your ideas!
- Bring your camera and share your best photos with us at email@example.com
- Go to the Silent Auction tab to check out opportunities to bid and or contribute.
If you would like to help, sponsor, donate, or if you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee members are:
Chair Mary Ann (Glover) Roueche
Registration JoAnne (Dahl) Botten
Treasurer Sandi (Mottishaw) Duncan
Fund Raising Ken Gower
Member Pat (Bourne) Nalleweg
Member Gary Price
Member Jackie (Dobbyn) Martin
Member Bob Allen
Member Eric Earl
Member Jan Olsen
Member Bob Brand
Check out our Facebook page (search Vic High Class of 1968 or click the link in the sidebar) often for updates and feel free to post and share ’68 news and photos.
Mark your calendar! Spread the word!
Contact the organizing committee by clicking on the following link email@example.com
Come Give a Cheer!
We have a free WordPress site which gives them the right to place ads on our pages. Theses ads are not part of our Vic High ’68 community.